“OCP Engineering Workshop in Seoul, Korea” held on November, 14 2013 in Seoul, Korea.
A presentation from OCPJapan member Ko Ise from Datahotel was given, highlighting the snow cooling technology for their DataCenter.
Topics of the day are listed below:
- Dan Lee from Facebook, talk ‘Facebook Prineville Data Center Evaporative Cooling – Methods, Costs and Efficiencies’.
- Tan Qing, ‘Intel Silicon Photonics and its application for server disaggregation’.
- Ko Ise from Datahotel, talk ‘Building an OCP datacenter in Japan using snow cooling’.
- Pierluigi Sarti, Facebook system architect ‘Next generation of open rack moving to the disaggregated datacenter’.
- Charlie Manese, OCP VP of business dev, ‘OCP project update with a focus on Certification and Interoperability labs in Taiwan and USA’.
- John Kenevey, Facebook, OCP growth in the regions.
- Minchul Joo, ‘Kakao’s infrastructure design and architecture with best practice.’
- Keunho Ryu, ‘Naver Datacenter GAK’
We added the presentation materials of the CBA/OCPJ Meeting.
Material that has been added is below.
“Silicon Valley Cloud Technology Trends and Asia.”
Managing Director, TRANSLINK CAPITAL
For other documentation, refer to “ OCPJ Documents ” from.
Friday, November 1, 2013 in Tokyo at NTT Communications seminar room.
Members of the Cloud Business Alliance (CBA) and OCPJ made presentations to the Taiwan Cloud Computing Industry Association.
The signing of an MOU the day before between OCPJ and OCPT set the tone of co-operation and anticipation for this meeting. The stage is set for business exchanges and collaboration now, and in the future.
Presentations made at this conference are available at “ OCPJ Documents ”
Thursday, October 31, 2013 in Akihabara in Tokyo. “Taiwan CCAT Day Tokyo” was held and OCP Taiwan and OCP Japan entered into a formal relationship by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). OCP Taiwan and OCP Japan have been collaborating up until this point, but it is now official.
In the future, through co-operation with OCP Taiwan, OCP Japan will contribute to the spread of OCP in the Asia-Pacific region.
Picture of signing ceremony. ※ upper right photo, from left, CBA President Osamu Sawada, OCPJ Fujita Ryutaro, OCPT (CCAT secretary) 闕志克 Dr. , CCAT Chairman 李 欽氏 poetry. The bottom right photo middle Executive Yuan Science and Technology Report executive secretary 呉明機Dr.
101 / (Tue) – 10/4 (gold) at Makuhari Messe – “CEATEC JAPAN 2013” in the “CBA cloud computing queuing Plaza”. OCPJ will hold an exhibition introducing the Open Compute Project.
In addition, I will make a presentation of OCPJ Activities of 10/1 (Tue) 16:30-17:00 in the same venue.
Please visit us on the occasion of your visit to the “CEATEC JAPAN 2013”.
Click here for details
If you would like to become a member of one of the current working groups, you must be a member of OCP Japan. Please send us an email to join.
Please email the OCP Japan Secretariat at contact * opencomputejapan.org
(Please replace “*” with “@”)
- White Data Center Project WG
- Compliance & Interoperability WG
- Future Lab WG
- HVDC WG
- Earthquake measures WG
- Public Relations WG
- Translation WG
For more information about each Working Group, ” Working Group to“,
WG summary materials here 20130830_OCPJ_WG_Summary
May 27, 2013, was held in Tokyo Chinzanso on the 28th in the “OCP APAC Engineering Workshop”, OCPJ (OCP Japan), OCPT from (OCP Taiwan), public materials were presented.
The following documents were released. For documentation, refer to “ OCPJ Documents ” from.
- 「OCP Taiwan C&I Status」
Y.F. Juan /阮耀飛, ITRI
- 「Open Compute Project Japan (CPJ) Interoperability Plan」
Ryutaro Fujita, CBA
Hideyuki Fukuhara, CBA「OCP Lab Plan」
- 「Ethernet-based Software Defined Network (SDN) 」
Cloud Computing Research Center for Mobile Applications (CCMA), ITRI雲端運算行動應用研究中心
- 「Rack Disaggregation Using PCIe Networking」
Cloud Computing Research Center for Mobile Applications (CCMA)Industrial Technology Research Institute 雲端運算行動應用研究中心
- 「HVDC Innovation,XECHNO® Power & Fresh HVDC® -Energy Saving Technology for the Data Center-」
NTT DATA INTELLILINK Corp.
- 「White Open Compute」
Ko Ise DATAHOTEL CO., LTD.
- 「Unified Management」
Hiroshi Yamamoto, Net One Systems Co., Ltd.