Thursday, Sep 18, 2014 was held in Tokyo at Palacehotel in the “OCP Engineering Workshop”.
This time we understood about OCP compared from last year, and we presented about OCP and Japan. We talked about the OCP solution in Japan, how to use, how to promote.
Thank you for coming.
Agenda and materials follow.
- Welcome & OCP Project Update – OCP Foundation Executive Director Cole Crawford
- OCP Channel Strategy – VP of Channel Development Steve Helvie
- Compliance and Interoperability Session – YF Juan
- OCP Storage Sessions – Asghar Riahi
- Storage certification – YF Juan, Asghar Riahi
- HVDC Efficient Power Solution for Data Center- NTT COMWARE HiroyukiOnishi
- OCP products evaluation – IIJ Takashi Sogabe
- Data Center Management based on OCP architecture – NISCOM Takeshi Mitsuishi
- Collaborative sessions ”How to promote OCP solutions”- Steve Helvie, Asghar Riahi, YF Juan, Koishi Ise, Hideyuki Fukuhara
Today OCP Japan announced “OCP News Archives” site.
OCPJ has created the site to find OCP News easily for all OCP community members.
OCPJ hopes you find “OCP News Archive” helpful.
1. Archives from April 2011 to June 2014
Total 199 archives as of today
News are from Youtube/Datacenter Knowledge/Information week/
2. You can find the news what you want easily by
(1) Search function
(2) Search by categories( event name/ Company name/System name
etc. …104 categories)
(3) Recent posts
October 29, 2013 on Tuesday, for OCPJ members, NTT Comware (Service Division next-generation data center WG) held tours of NTT Comware’s “Energy Efficient and Heat Recycling Data Denter”.
There were many applicants and attendees for this event. This was well-deserved due to the excellent reputation of this site.
On the day, there was also a question-and-answer session held after the tour where meaningful information was shared. We would like to thank NTT Comware for their organization of this event.
Detail refar from here.
“OCP Engineering Workshop in Seoul, Korea” held on November, 14 2013 in Seoul, Korea.
A presentation from OCPJapan member Ko Ise from Datahotel was given, highlighting the snow cooling technology for their DataCenter.
Topics of the day are listed below:
- Dan Lee from Facebook, talk ‘Facebook Prineville Data Center Evaporative Cooling – Methods, Costs and Efficiencies’.
- Tan Qing, ‘Intel Silicon Photonics and its application for server disaggregation’.
- Ko Ise from Datahotel, talk ‘Building an OCP datacenter in Japan using snow cooling’.
- Pierluigi Sarti, Facebook system architect ‘Next generation of open rack moving to the disaggregated datacenter’.
- Charlie Manese, OCP VP of business dev, ‘OCP project update with a focus on Certification and Interoperability labs in Taiwan and USA’.
- John Kenevey, Facebook, OCP growth in the regions.
- Minchul Joo, ‘Kakao’s infrastructure design and architecture with best practice.’
- Keunho Ryu, ‘Naver Datacenter GAK’
Thursday, October 31, 2013 in Akihabara in Tokyo. “Taiwan CCAT Day Tokyo” was held and OCP Taiwan and OCP Japan entered into a formal relationship by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). OCP Taiwan and OCP Japan have been collaborating up until this point, but it is now official.
In the future, through co-operation with OCP Taiwan, OCP Japan will contribute to the spread of OCP in the Asia-Pacific region.
Picture of signing ceremony. ※ upper right photo, from left, CBA President Osamu Sawada, OCPJ Fujita Ryutaro, OCPT (CCAT secretary) 闕志克 Dr. , CCAT Chairman 李 欽氏 poetry. The bottom right photo middle Executive Yuan Science and Technology Report executive secretary 呉明機Dr.